|Unit5 I'm watching TV教案 (人教版英语七年级)
|中学英语教学资源网 → 英语教案 → 教学案例 2017-05-22 手机版|
1.Teaching time: March 10th 2017
2.Teaching object: Grade seven students
Teaching material: People's education press “Go for it”
Teaching unit: Unit5 I'm watching TV
Teaching period: The first class of this unit
Teaching topic: Talk about what people are doing
4.Teaching media: ppt, blackboard, projector
The object of the lesson is seventh grade students, they already have four years of basic English, and the students of this stage are lively and active, have a high enthusiasm for new things. But some students suffer from a lack of confidence in performance and fear of making mistakes. So teacher should encourage them to open their mouths and speak. This section focuses on the use of the present progressive, and for the students, it is easy to miss the is, am, are, or the formation of the verb ing. Guide the students to use the contrast method to find out the rules and memorize them in contrast.
1. Knowledge objective:
1) Master the following words: clean, read, sure, wait, toy,camera, activity, movie
Master the following sentences:
① —What are you doing? —I'm watching TV.
② —What's he doing? —He's using the computer.
③ —What are they doing? —They're listening to a CD.
2) Talk about what people are doing
3) Master grammar: The present Progressive ( Be + V-ing )
1). Students are able to understand the conversation about what people are doing, and use the sentences to communicate
2). Students are able to read and understand the sentences like “Is she/he doing…/What is he doing?”, and write the sentence about what people are doing correctly.
3. Emotional attitude values objectives:
Based on the study of this unit, students cultivate a strong interest in learning English, finding the happening things in life, positive thinking, willing to help others, willing to participate in various activities with positive emotions, cultivate the spirit of unity and cooperation.
4. Cultural objectives:
Students are able to understand the daily activities of western culture, as well as related inquiries and invitations to deepen understanding of English culture
Talk about what people are doing with the present Progressive
1. Key points:
1) The use of words, phrases and present progressive tense. Able to accurately describe and express what is happening in various forms of the present progressive tense
2) Master the present progressive tense and some phrases that express the concrete action, such as doing homework, using the computer, watching TV, eating dinner etc.
2. Difficult points: The structure and pronunciation of the present participle in the present tense. To describe and express the ongoing action in communication accurately
Step1. Warming – up
1. Greet the students.
2. Look some pictures of different activities.
Step 2. Presentation
A. Match the words and the activities.
1. Ask the students to turn to page 25, and look at the pictures in 1a. Then the teacher ask questions:
----What’s he doing? (Picture 1)
----He’s making a telephone call.
(Help the students answer the question with body language)
2. Ask and answer just like that, and finish 1a. The students read these V-ing words after the teacher.
(students can guess the meaning of doing homework, watching TV, cleaning, eating dinner and reading.)
B. Pair work
1. Now, role-play the conversation with your partners in the picture above.
2. Let some pairs to act out the conversation in front of the class.
C. Teach the Present Progressive.
Tell the students what the Present Progressive is.
2. V-ing change rule and tell the difference
Write down the V-ing forms by another lines of go, watch, do, play and eat on the blackboard. Ask the students to have a look and find the difference between them. For example: go and going, watch and watching, do and doing, etc. Then, ask the students to read them again.
The teacher shows several picture of actions and ask the students to answer, help students answer: “I am playing computer.”
Write down the three sentences on the blackboard, and ask the students to pay attention to the important words underlined
—What are you doing?
—I am playing computer.
—What is she doing?
—She is singing.
—What is he doing?
—He is swimming.
Step 3. Guessing game.
Ask and answer questions about what people are doing in the pictures.
—What’s he doing?
—He is playing the guitar.
The students can practice different sentences upon the verbs on the blackboard.
Step 4. Self-assessment.
1. The teacher prepare some listening exercises for the students, and play the cassette. Let them finish these exercises at once. Then, check the answer. The Ss can understand whether they have learned about the Present Progressive.
2. Do the exercises.
The teacher have the students some exercises, and ask the students to do at once.
<1>--What’s Li Lei doing?
-- He_____________. ( read )
<2>--What’s his mother doing?
--She_____________. ( write )
<3>--What are they doing?
--They_____________. ( play soccer)
<4>--What are David and Mary doing?
--They_____________. (have dinner)
<5>--What’s Jenny doing?
--She______________. ( run )
(In fact, the Ss don’t have enough time to finish the exercises, so they can go on and finish these exercises after class)
Step 5. Homework
1. Finish the exercises in the class.
2. Make a conversation and act it out with your partner.
Step 6. The end
T: You are very good today, boys and girls! And th